RVT Continuing Education Guidelines
REQUIRED HOURS EACH CALENDAR YEAR:
- 8 WV Board approved CE hours in the field of veterinary technology.
- A minimum of 4 hours shall be in classroom scientific education or webinar CE programs related to the practice of veterinary technology to include scientific, laboratory, regulatory, and medical record keeping.
- No more than 4 hours shall be related to practice management.
- No hours shall be claimed for listening to audio or reading journals.
- No hours shall be accumulated, carried forward, or held over past the calendar year in which the hours were completed.
APPROVED CE PROGRAMS:
- New graduates of the current year are exempt from the continuing education requirements until the beginning of the immediately succeeding reporting period after registration.
- Requests for a hardship extension must be received in the Board’s office by December 15.
- Please click here for a printable Request for Hardship Extension Form.
- The Board shall only consider hardship extensions from registrants who the Board determines were prevented from completing the required continuing education hours within the year due to verified medical or military emergencies beyond the registrant’s control.