License Renewals Options – October 1- December 31
Online Veterinary and Telehealth Practitioner License Renewals
- Go to: https://online.wvbvm.org/#/
- Choose “Click here to Register” for anyone that has never registered with the new dashboard
- You will then get an email with a temporary password
- Choose “Login” if you have already established a login with the new dashboard
- Once you login to the dashboard
- Choose “Renew” under Credential Details
If you do not want to renew your Veterinary License online, you may print the renewal form
THERE IS A GLITCH IN SYSTEM, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A “RENEW” BUTTON, PLEASE EMAIL PATRICIA.A.HOLSTEIN@WV.GOV SO THAT WE CAN RESET YOUR DASHBOARD.
If you have a name change, you will not be able to renew online until the Board has received the proper legal documentation.
Please contact email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
All CE's need to be completed prior to renewing. Please be sure that your CE's are RACE approved or approved by the following:
- AVMA accredited colleges of veterinary medicine
- AVMA approved national veterinary associations
- AVMA approved official state veterinary associations
- Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE)
- USDA Accreditation Modules
- Programs submitted to and approved by the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine
When doing online CE's, please be sure to finish all exams in order to receive a certificate of completion. Without proof of attendance, you will not be in compliance with the CE requirements. Also be sure that your CE's meet the below subject requirements:
18 (50 minute) WV Board approved CE hours in the field of veterinary medicine.
- A minimum of 14 hours shall be in classroom scientific education or webinar CE programs related to the practice of veterinary medicine to include scientific, laboratory, regulatory, and medical record keeping.
- No more than 4 hours shall be related to practice management.
- No hours shall be accumulated, carried forward, or held over past the calendar year in which the hours were completed.