What Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
- We collect your personal and non-personal information to obtain
required data to issue a Veterinary License, Veterinary Technician
Registration, or Animal Euthanasia Technician Certification.
- We collect your name, mother’s maiden name, address, telephone
numbers, email addresses, date of birth, social security number,
signature, photo, employment, and criminal information.
- Date of birth and social security numbers are only collected for
board use and only shared with the American Association of Veterinary
State Boards (AAVSB).
- Mother’s maiden name is only collected for board use for website licensee login.
- Criminal background records are not subject to the WV Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
How We Use Your Information
- We share your personal information with or for the following reasons:
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB)
- Mailing List
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Biennium Report that is required by the Legislature
- Disciplinary actions are posted on our website.
- As a state agency, we may have to give your information to
authorities after receiving a legal request or a court order or
- Documents that contain your personal and non-personal information
are scanned and stored in a computer server and manually filed in
secured filing cabinets.
- We use an encrypted security program to protect your personal information.
Any document, correspondence, or records submitted in connection with
your application other than your birth certificate, mother’s maiden
name, and social security number may be open to public inspection.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Record – Individual Rights
- You have the right to review your information. If you find
something is not accurate, contact us in writing to ask for a
- To make a name change to your license or registration, you must provide evidence of the change.
To change your contact and company information, you must send a request in writing.
Preferred Contact Information
If you do not want to disclose your home address or phone number, you
should provide an alternative address and phone number where you can
reliably be contacted. You may enter the alternative address on our
applications/renewals under “Mail/Email Preference” or you may contact
our Board in writing with your “Preferred” address, phone number, and
For More Information
Call us at 304-776-8032 or email at email@example.com.